Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Insulin Resistance - Metformin Increase

Hey everyone

M, 6’3, SW: 347, CW: 233

When I started my weight loss journey in January. My doctor told me I tested for insulin resistance and he put me on 500 mg of ER metformin.

That was half a year and 114 lb ago.

I recently got blood work done and my doctor informed me that I still showed signs of insulin resistance, and he increased my metformin from 500mg with dinner, to 1000mg in the morning and with dinner. He also said to increase exercise.

I guess my question is, I’ve been consistently losing 10-15 lb a month. Does anyone know exactly when this resistance will return to normal? Or has anyone dealt with this.

I guess I’m not really upset I’m still showing some signs of resistance. But I don’t understand the increase of metformin and increase to exercise (which I already do, 7 days a week.)

I am seeing him on the 5th of July, so I’ll inquire more then. I only spoke with his nurse(s)

It just feels slightly discouraging judging by my monthly progress, to be told to continue to do more. I mean I’m only 15 lb away from my first goal weight, and then 55 from my final goal weight.

Thanks so much, for any advice! I appreciate it!

submitted by /u/DannyABoi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wPYe8Z

No comments:

Post a Comment