Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Why am I not losing weight?

Hi! I'm just going to list the facts out and I am hoping to get some advice on why I am just maintaining and not losing.

  • I am a 22 year old, mostly sedentary, 157cm, 59kg cis woman. This puts my TDEE at roughly 1500kcal/day.
  • I started off on 1200/day but was maintaining/losing EXTREMELY slowly.
  • I decided to aim for more of a deficit and started 950/day a week ago, so a 550cal deficit.
  • I drink 3-4L of water a day.
  • I drink 4 cups of coffee a day.
  • I take a full panel of multivitamins every day (women's multivite, iron, vit. D, biotin + collagen, omega 3, B complex, ACV). I probably pee a lot of it out but I feel better having them onboard just in case.
  • I get enough sleep and have a relatively stress free life.
  • When I say "mostly sedentary" I do have a young child so I get whatever exercise you get looking after a toddler.
  • My diet consists of apples, oranges, almond milk, a rainbow of veggies with extra dark leafy greens, mushrooms, egg whites, sugar free jelly and konjac noodles. I use salt in my cooking.
  • I track all my calories exactly and weigh my food so I know I am sticking to 950/day. This isn't me underestimating food.

After a week of this I would expect to see at least half a kg of weightloss. Even on 1200 I would have expected to see weight loss after a longer period. I know there is water weight fluctuations but I have not changed my water and salt intake at all. What is happening? Is my body retaining extra water? When can I expect to see some results?

submitted by /u/PidgeomBoy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3h8eAnX

No comments:

Post a Comment