Friday, August 20, 2021

Friend who lost weight now constantly compares and criticizes me.

I have a very close friend who is also a co-worker, during the pandemic he lost a great amount of weight - went from About 300ish to 220. Which made me very happy for him, because he’s struggled with it for a many years. I had a similar experience a few years ago, where I lost some weight, went from about 230 at my highest to 165. During the pandemic, I gained back some weight, was back around to 220. Since the beginning of this year, I made some big changes and lost about 25 lbs, I didn’t really tell anybody about my weight issues, since I was a bit embarrassed about having gained it back. I’ve been working from home since March of 2020 so I didn’t see anyone from work or really socially for that matter. Now having been back in the office for a the past two months, I’ve been seeing my friend pretty much anytime I am at the office. He constantly gets attention for the weight loss, which makes sense because it was so dramatic, and he seems so much happier. Again, I reiterate I am very happy for him, there is absolutely no reason why I wouldn’t be. It’s amazing to see someone finally be able to make changes that they’ve struggled with for so long, especially when you have a similar experience. Now comes the part where I’d like some thoughts on, my friend has always been somewhat of a person who puts others down for their physical appearance, I attribute to his own issues/ low self esteem and way of coping. But now, he takes every chance he can get to point out things, it’s not him straight up saying “You’re fat”, but more like comments along the lines of, “That shirt seems tight” or how he bets that the clothes I’m wearing are only because “it’s what probably fits me”. He’s also said that I can start borrowing his old clothes if I need to. Now at first I took it as a joke, but I’m starting to feel like it’s something else. I guess it just makes me feel bad that he says these things. Am I just be overly sensitive? I haven’t said anything to him because again we work together and he is someone who would create a scene, I really just don’t want to create that environment for my self at work.

submitted by /u/QuirkyDragonfruit798
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mjrORE

No comments:

Post a Comment