Friday, August 20, 2021

Is it normal that I have to eat less to keep up my weight loss?

To date I've lost 73lbs and I'm very proud of myself. I have 23lbs to go but I'm at a standstill. I've noticed these bumps in my weight loss journey happen every so often, where I can eat exactly how I've been eating and either remain at the same weight, or gain. I've reach a Plateau. I wish I took better notes so I could say this happens every 10-15lbs.. but I'm unsure. I do think it's around that range though.

When I first start losing weight I was 251lbs, and I could eat around 1800 calories and lose weight. Then soon after I noticed I had to eat 1750.. then 1700.. and so on and so forth to where I could only eat 1500 calories. I've been very happy and comfortable with that number. I count my sodium intake daily, and I make sure 300 of those calories come from fruit or nuts.

But the past few days I'm noticing this again. I eat 1500, and I don't lose weight. Today I stepped on the scale and I actually gained .2lbs from eating the same meals I would normally. Which sounds like legit weight gain to me, not bloating. I typically lose .2lbs a day. I also weigh myself daily as it helps me PERSONALLY feel in control, so this is Definitely not ordinary for my body.

So now I'm considering eating 1400 calories a day and I'm wondering if this is normal. I do lift mildly heavy weights, twice a week typically, but I took this week off.

1400 isn't so bad.. I should mention I'm 5'10 1/2, and finally a healthy/normal BMI of 24.9 as of a week ago. I do hope to eventually go back to the gym, workout harder, and I can eat more.

So... Is this Normal?

submitted by /u/YourDadThinksImCool
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3z4ruKl

No comments:

Post a Comment