Thursday, September 30, 2021

Century Club - September 30, 2021 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous Topics: Resetting Goals - Routine Breaks - Metrics - Starting - Dog Days of Summer -"Bad" Days - Labels - Aches and Pains - Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes... - Accountability - Elevator Pitches - (Half-)Marathon Training - Celebrations - Water Weight - Comments - Travel - Disconnects - Activity - Years! - Fun! - Rhythms - How strict? - Relationships - Loose Skin Redux - Multiple Centuries - April Fools! - What didn't work? - Milestones - Seasonal changes - Is it worth it? - Surprising Food Facts - Mistakes were made - Time to Vent - Relief Valves - Seeing Objectively - Tips you hate - Fear and Self-Loathing - Starting - 2020 recap


Aesthetics

Looks like we're settling in to Fall weather here in the Northeast US. There's a chill in the air in the morning and evening and I'm starting to want more soupy/stewy meals for dinner...

I'm so happy to see new posts of folks joining our fine club almost daily. A recent such post by /u/SelectionPretend9622 had me contemplating the aesthetics of large weight loss journeys. What did I expect? Did my actual results align with those expectations?

Realistically, I had no clue what I might look like if I was able to lose anywhere near the amount of weight I was aiming for. I hadn't been at a normal BMI since I was 16-17 years old in my senior year in high school. My parents and siblings were heavy so the only thread I had to tug on were my two adult sons. Would I start to look more like them as I continued to lose weight? Would I end up with tons of loose skin?

Overall I'm very happy with the results. I'm a slimmer than average middle-aged US adult. I've been told by several people that I look a decade younger than my 54 years. Not that I fully believe that because I'm finally really going grey and yes even losing a bit of hair.

I look really pretty good when clothed and yes, I do look a lot more like my kids than I would have expected. I also look much better than I might have expected naked. I do have some loose skin, but it remains mostly under my boxer briefs and a little on my neck that is mostly hidden by my beard, but shows up front and center on some Zoom/Facetime calls.

Probably the only feature on my body I think could use some improvement is my arms. While my arms and legs are both lean and vascular these days. My arms are a lot smaller and weaker than they were even at 195 lbs. I have developed a long-lean physique that goes along with my recreational activity of choice. Long distance running. However, I could stand to build some upper body muscle this winter.

What about you Centurion? How are your actual results lining up with your expectations? If you've completed your journey, how realistic were those expectations?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3inWfnb

No comments:

Post a Comment