Sunday, September 26, 2021

Need a place to start: looking for weight loss help due to an eating disorder.

[EDIT: I’m 24m, ~5’11, 250-275lbs]

Hello everyone! I’m new here so please correct me if there is some posting format I’m missing.

I’ve had an eating disorder for as long as I remember and it’s prevented me from dieting for more than 3-4 weeks at a time. Similar to typical “picky eating” I blatantly can’t stand the taste of many foods, and naturally the list of foods I can’t tolerate are all the ones I need in order to diet. I keep working out after the dieting fails, but the progress halts and I lose the motivation to keep the routine going.

What really sucks is that I don’t mind working out or running. I like getting up early, my body puts on muscle really easily, I enjoy seeing progress, and I’m a very motivated/committed person. The problem, again, is that my diet prevents progress before much time has passed. The improvement just tapers off after a few weeks and voila I’m back to hating myself even though I know it isn’t my fault.

Has anyone faced anything similar? Where do I even start? Any tips appreciated.

submitted by /u/DougTheBrownieHunter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m3HKWq

No comments:

Post a Comment