Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I think slow weight loss is healthier for my mental health and to avoid re-gain

Since January 2021, I began my weight loss. The first months were slow because I did not change my habits overnight. I started eating less, avoiding takeout and fast food. I started walking. Then strength training.

It was until July 2021 when I started calorie counting. And then, the pounds were coming down quicker.

I have lost 42 lbs so far (F28, HW:240, CW:198, 5’4’’). I notice some slight changes, but overall I do feel healthier

However, I had to come in terms that my weight loss journey will take a while. I struggle setting weight loss goals for specific dates, because I don’t want to become obsessive and go into a downward spiral.

Some background: When I was 18 years old, my mom took me to a place in Mexico to see a doctor (maybe he wasn’t?) and get diet pills and some injections to speed up my metabolism. I was also under a strict diet, where I pretty much ate like 900 cal/day. Sadly, I was not aware of how bad this was for me. I was just happy to see my weight come off. I got as low as 135 lbs. Everybody complimented me, and boys were finally noticing me. But I had no energy, I was moody, I was unhealthy. As you imagine, I gained my weight back (I was around 180 lbs back then).

And that was the beginning of the end. My adulthood was always yo-yo dieting. Excessive exercise. Overnight, drastic changes of lifestyle. Money lost on weight loss programs. And I always gained it back. And then some more…. I kept my weight around 230 lbs during the last couple of years.

But this year something clicked. Maybe it was me having fatty liver disease. Being pre-diabetic. Or coming out of my depression. But something clicked. This time I was doing it for my health. I was doing it MY way. I am exploring and trying new things that work for me. I am having fun (mostly) working out. I am cooking at home (with some frozen food but that’s ok).

Life can be a shit show sometimes. But I realized I don’t have to go fast, I just have to keep going. And I will have trust I will get to my goal one day. But in the meantime, I will cherish my body and soul every day I wake up. 💜

Much love to this thread.

submitted by /u/Whoisdaatgirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kQ0jya

No comments:

Post a Comment