Saturday, September 25, 2021

Diet conflicts between weight loss and rosacea

After struggling with my depression and everything that’s been going on, I finally shot up to 220. With my kids back to school I have gone to eating better for myself. I eat approx 1500 a day, have gotten a menu that doesn’t leave me bingeing late at night, and have lost 8 pounds in a month with no exercise(my eating had gotten out of control so it’s only the dramatic calorie reduction. I was going to start working out when I lost a bit more weight)

I thought maybe my rosacea would get better. Instead it has exploded. I have more consistently been using my medication but there is no relief. With research I found a lot of foods can be triggers. Dairy, nightshade family Plants (tomatoes etc) histamine fruits (strawberry’s, bananas) as well as gluten.

I am so gut wrenchingly distraught. I have overnight oats with yogurt. If I crave sweet I have yogurt with banana in it. I found that I love cheese and tomato sandwiches (made with whole wheat seed bread)

The foods that have made this journey bearable are now attacking my face, and to top it off I can only do low intensity exercise.

It’s really hard to deal with. Mine isn’t just a face flush. I could live with that. For me it’s hot, itchy and flaky skin that constantly feels like it’s having a chemical peel. I can’t even put make up on because it only aggravates it when I have a flare up.

I’m so lost. I’m cutting out dairy to see if that’s the problem. I’m so disheartened that I don’t know how I can keep up with this regime -_-

submitted by /u/Boss_R4ge
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3EPKMWV

No comments:

Post a Comment