Monday, September 27, 2021

I am no longer overweight

I've started & stopped my diet so many times that this time only my husband knows I'm losing the weight, but I need to shout this from the rooftops, so I'm posting to reddit. I'm 5'5" 26F, started at 170 lbs in August & woke up today at 149.2, bmi 24.8. I know bmi isn't the be all, end all in terms of health but for me it's a mental milestone. Before now I had never been able to stick to a diet longer than 2 days & tried what feels like everything. Just a few years ago I maintained a steady 125 - 135 lbs & still felt fat (eye roll, I just needed to move my body & tone a little). Then an injury & chronic illness happened & I ballooned up to 170lbs without even realizing it. After many attempts & gaining instead of losing, I felt powerless.

Then I basically went into shock when I saw 170.0 lbs on the scale. When I saw that number & the majority of my clothes not fitting me, I just stopped. It went from losing weight for vanity to losing weight before I end up in the obese category. I haven't turned back. Last week my weight stayed at 150-151 despite doing everything right. I knew it was temporary & my weight would shift but being so close to "normal" bmi, it was a mind game not seeing the 149 lbs weight that I knew would signal I've crossed back from "overweight" to "normal bmi." But I pushed through & finally today I saw what I wanted, the 149.2 lbs. Im not celebrating with a "cheat" meal, I'm continuing my normal routine. I know this isn't a crazy 100 pound weight loss but I'm just so happy, I cant keep this a secret. Goal is to get back to my 125 pound range (this time a more fit version lol). Hopefully this encourages someone to keep pushing through.

submitted by /u/Silent-Optimist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ic1TZs

No comments:

Post a Comment