Thursday, September 30, 2021

Weight plateau early on...I think I figured it out.

I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. I've been stuck after losing 5 lbs.

I know I'm having a calorie deficit, and I've been exercising more. There is no reason for my weight to not budge after two weeks.

Then I realized something...I'm drinking way more water than I did before starting my weight loss regime. I realized this when I kept reading how people usually experience water retention when they first start working out. But now I'm wondering if part of the water retention is actually having the person at a healthy level of hydration.

I was probably dehydrated before caring about diet and exercise. I didn't drink water as much as I do now. I didn't factor being dehydrated as part of my starting weight. My weight should've been heavier. Now I'm better at drinking water so of course it's going to add more weight early on.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else is spinning their wheels. The numbers on the scale don't tell the whole story.

submitted by /u/lemoncandycorn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3F9U4gw

No comments:

Post a Comment