Monday, September 27, 2021

I put the biscuits back in the cupboard

So, these past few months I've really struggled with snacking at night. I had gotten better at it but then I got sick and barely ate for a week or two, so when I was able to eat again I just... wouldn't be reasonable.

I live at my parents' and they have lot of snacks stored in this cupboard downstairs. A bad habit I've desperately been trying to break was taking biscuit packets at night, they're super high in calories and I tend to eat so many even if I'm not hungry. Anyway, I've been doing alright lately by replacing those biscuits with an apple each night. I love apples, so I end up wanting them more than say, biscuits.

But... I finished the apples last night. So tonight I made a stop at the cupboard to take a few biscuit packets. I didn't eat them, but I did take them to my room with the intention to eat them all in one go... But as I went back in my room and put all the biscuit packets on my computer desk, I felt this crushing guilt. I started thinking of my weight loss goals, and how my future self would be disappointed if I binged again tonight... I had promised myself I'd be better from now on. So I started thinking, hey, I could just put those biscuits back in the cupboard?

The thought of that initially made me want to eat them even more. Buuut, thankfully I remembered I have those small rusks stored in my desk specifically for when I'm craving something and want to soothe the cravings. They're my emergency little snacks but I keep forgetting about them. And, well, rusks are not same, but I realized all those biscuits wouldn't be worth it and I know I'd just feel sad about it tomorrow if I ate them. So I took back the biscuit packets and put them all back in the cupboard where I got them.

I know it sounds so simple, but in the past, whenever I'd bring snacks I knew I shouldn't be eating, I'd think to myself "Oh well, they're already here anyway, might as well eat them" when trying to convince myself to bring them back. This time I was able to push my cravings away and do the right thing for myself. I'm so proud!! :D

submitted by /u/malanono_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3icPsMK

No comments:

Post a Comment