Tuesday, September 28, 2021

How long can I get away with 1400 Calories while still lifting and building muscle?

Hey Everyone! So I've been bouncing around 1200-1800 Calories since 4/1/21. I'm not running into any issues eating this amount of calories. In the middle of August I started going to the gym and lifting weights, and raised my calories to around 1800 since I was going 4-5x a week for an hour or two.

As most of us here have experienced, when I started lifting, I gained some weight and stalled. I lowered my calories back down to 1400-1500 last week. FINALLY, yesterday, after 7 weeks, I dropped 4 lbs out of nowhere.

So now that I'm apparently back on the weight loss train, and I'm still going to the gym, how long do you think I can get away with eating 1400 calories and still progressing in the gym?

Luckily, I'm consistently able to add more weight or more reps every time I go. I'm still going 6 times a week. (I'm doing a Push/Pull/Leg/Rest/Repeat schedule)

Is this something I can keep doing until I am unable to go up in weight during gym sessions? If I go up to say 2000 calories a day, would I still be able to loose weight every week?

submitted by /u/throwaway2309843098
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m4Lnvr

No comments:

Post a Comment