Saturday, September 25, 2021

Weight Lifting OR/VS Cardio

Has anyone who's ever had to loose 50+ pounds do it by focusing on weight lifting more than cardio? I feel like most people who have lots of weight to loose focus on cardio more and then do weight lifting after. I'm 18, 5'5 I started at 260lbs, dropped down to 244 and went back up to around 250. My short-term goal is 200, long-term goal is 140.

I'm confused about the weight lifting vs cardio debate. I personally started my weight loss journey doing a bit more cardio than weights and it took longer to like feel the body changes and it took 3 months to loose 12 pounds. I gained like half of it back over the summer due to just personal reasons and being at home and not having control over what foods were available and etc. Now I'm back on campus doing weight lifting 3 days a week and HIIT 2 days a week and I've noticed how fast it is for me to feel the physical changes in my body: clothes are looser etc. It's only been 24 days since I got back on track. I worry that the scale will either not change and my body will or that the scale will go higher just a bit because of the muscle and I don't want my doctor to think I didn't put in any work to loose weight. has anyone focused on weight lifting more and lost a lot of weight or i'm I doing something wrong?

submitted by /u/No-Communication4384
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i7bxwa

No comments:

Post a Comment