Thursday, September 30, 2021

Vision has improved after losing 80 lbs.

So today is a pretty big day for me as it marks 80 lbs lost from my peak body weight (305 ---> 225). One thing I have noticed is that my vision, particularly in my left eye, has gotten better. I noticed my vision was getting quite bad about a year and a half ago when I was driving back home from a long road trip, and it got me very concerned, but the issue seems to have reversed itself.

I read this on the Mayo Clinic website:

"High blood pressure can damage the tiny, delicate blood vessels that supply blood to your eyes, causing: Damage to your retina (retinopathy). Damage to the light-sensitive tissue at the back of your eye (retina) can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision."

Has anyone who has undergone significant weight loss (let's say 20% of their bodyweight lost) experienced something like this?

submitted by /u/INMF88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kX5Hj9

No comments:

Post a Comment