Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Not able to loose weight - 39/F/5'7/CW:282/SW:286

One month away from the big Four-O and I am not able to keep up with my own set targets and goals.

Why is it so hard. I am not a food junkie, i don't eat like there's no tomorrow. And yet the weight doesn't budge!! I am 282lbs and have been at this for the past 1 year since I started my journey. Okay maybe few pounds more. I have been eating right. Fried food is only on eat outs which is once in maybe 15 days. For the rest bit home made heathy food. Primarily follow plant based diet with occasionally fish or poultry. Have my 64oz of water everyday, Try to clock 10k steps on most days. Sleep 9:30pm wake up 5:30am. I mean a lifestyle which by all standards is healthy. And still weight loss is just not happening!! I want to build my stamina and agility. But I think my biggest problem is not being consistent with my workouts.

Having said that, I do not have a sluggish lifestyle. I moved around, close all three rings on most days, do my own laundry, cook my family's meals, and love to laugh!!

I even started journaling on my fitness pal, for all my intakes. I doubted the caloric value assigned to the foods mentioned, so i made my own recipes counts measuring everything ingredient wise. So i know I haven't gone above 1800 cals that app says I should eat in order to loosed 1.5lbs a week.

And yet no change!!! Granted, I am not a big fan of diets. I cannot do Keto or Paleo.. not that i hate them both, but don't like to be restricted. I will eat less, but i want my options to be open.

All the podcast I listen to suggest to change habits. So I have been trying. I make my bed every morning for the past 11 years and more. I drink my water daily. I journal. I watch restricted TV. I eat in medium size plates. I pack half of my dine-out food, Sugar intake is less than 24 gms in a day, i don't eat from a packet. There are more veggies and grains in my intake than carbs.

So my pet peeve(s) - I do have chocolate, or fudge once in a while. Okay maybe go a little crazy on pop corn and chips. I love me some french fries and chicken nuggets. Ramen is my go to cheat meal, I love white rice, and i am just not able to resist Indo-chinese and Thai food!!

Good habits - I have given up bread. Only eat a whole grain toast with avocado once a week, dont eat ice creams anymore, also have reduced my snacking on trail mixes, I eat an apple or banana or an orange every day, not more 2 or 3 cups of coffee/tea everyday, I do not take seconds. If I have a heavy breakfast, i skip lunch, i do not drink liquid calories - so no pop, beer or any fizz drinks. Okay maybe a glass of Prosecco or Sangria once a month or so.

Also on workout front, i like to walk, and try to go out on all non-snow, rain days. I am not particular fan of gyming. And frankly will be clueless on how to begin. I hear people say weight training is a must, but i don't know how to start. I like to do home workouts and do have a rowing machine that i would love to use if can muster my energy and will.

Tips on how i can proceed are very welcome. I would love to get guidance on weight training and resistance building. Actually loosing weight consistently and building stamina. how does one stay consistent, I am struggling so so much on this front.

submitted by /u/Intelligent_Spray_50
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m5xQns

No comments:

Post a Comment