Sunday, September 26, 2021

Is weight loss really this simple?

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am 5'10" and last November, I nearly cried when I saw I weighed in at 204lbs. I substantially cut back on my drinking and did random cardio on a highly irregular basis. I didn't really pay attention to what I was eating or how much. Yesterday, I weighed in at 184lbs which is much better, but I'd like to get serious about losing another 20lbs. I decided to fully quit drinking last week.

I tried a bunch of different calorie calculators to get a sense of how many calories I need as someone that has a fairly sedentary lifestyle. All the calculators were in the 2100-2200 range.

My plan is to start consuming about 1800 calories/day and walking to burn another 300 calories/day (roughly 45 minutes a day). That should produce a deficit of at least 4200 calories a week or just over 1lb of weight loss a week, and shouldn't be too painful if the 1800 calories are nutritionally dense mostly whole foods like peanut butter, avocados, wheat bread etc. I'd love to start off 2022 20lbs lighter and possibly get into running :)

Am I looking at this the right way? Does anyone have any other suggestions, tips, or even criticism? Thanks :)

submitted by /u/WitheredBallSack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CPwt2K

No comments:

Post a Comment