Sunday, September 26, 2021

Frustrated but still trucking

Hey all, first time posting, but I've been working on trying to lose weight for the better part of the year.

I have two autoimmune diseases that have taken a lot away from me, including MMA and my health. I used to work out six days a week pretty heavily, and I was eating a pretty strict diet. I had a hip injury that needed surgery and triggered finding a type of autoimmune arthritis as well as either lupus or Sjogren's (my rheumatologist hasn't decided which one yet but they are treated with the same meds) that I've been fighting to get under control for the last four years.

In that time I jumped from 125/130 to 190 at my heaviest. I finally received a treatment plan that eased my worst symptom to let me work out more, but still nothing you the caliber I used to (yet.)

I began eating a modified version of what I ate when I trained that basically plays out to high protein, medium levels of good fats, and medium levels of carbs, as well as dropping my net calories to 1500 or so. I often come in under calories because I don't have much of an appetite (med related.) I've been at it since February, and I've only managed to lose 5lbs that sometimes fluctuates up. On my low days I often come in around 1000 calories and have been as low as 700. I know this doesn't help my metabolism.

I'm so frustrated at this point. I've tried breaking the calories up into smaller meals, I've tried intermittent fasting (8hr/16hr) and even began taking shakes on days I just need the calories but can't eat.

Some of the meds I'm on also make it difficult to lose weight, and my docs haven't been much help. I want to get back down to 130/140 and healthy, I'm just at this road block where I'm doing what I know to be right, but can't seem to kick start my weight loss.

Advice and comisseration are both welcome, I just needed a place I could say all this without the judgement I get from my acquaintances and some friends.

submitted by /u/Rubymoon286
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XZ9WSk

No comments:

Post a Comment