Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Why has my weight loss journey plateaued?

36M 5'5" SW:161 CW:150 GW:145 Desk Job with stationary bike

A bit of background, about seven years ago I decided I didn't want want to be morbidly obese when I turned 30, so I embarked on my first weight loss journey. I went from 195 to 155 over the course of the year. I did this mainly by running on a tread mil and meticulously counting my calories. A few months back I noticed my weight creep up to 161, and decided to resume my weight loss. I originally wanted to get down to 145, or whichever weight lost me my beer belly I still carry around.

So, over the last four months I've been trying to lose some weight. The first three months were pretty successful, but in the last month I've been waffling back and forth. I started out at 161, and I'm currently (this morning) at 150. Over the last month I've been going as low as 148 and as high as 151.

I've been very strict about counting my calories and staying around 1200. Even if I mis counted I can't imagine I've gone above 1600. Everyday I've been walking 10,000 steps with few exceptions. Six times a weeks I use a stationary bike for about 1/2 an hour and do a number of other body weight exercises for an additional 1/2 hour. According to my fitness tracker I'm burning between 2500 and 3000 calories a day.

I still have a pretty flabby beer belly, and fairly thick thighs, so it's not like I've run out of fat to burn. I weigh in at the same time each morning. BMI wise I keep flipping between overweight and healthy weight.

Any idea why I'd stop seeing progress on the scale? Or things I can do to restart my weight loss?

submitted by /u/fullofcrunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iySnQr

No comments:

Post a Comment