Monday, September 27, 2021

Weight loss is difficult in ways I had not forseen

Im a 128kg (280lbs) 21yo man. I realized a while back during a hike with my friends that I had to do something about my weight, so after some stalling and procrastenating I finally started last month. I have lost about 4,5kgs (10lbs) now and ive gotten really deep into all the things that will allow me to lose weight while keeping muscle. I eat between 2000 and 2500 calories a day while doing weight lifting 3 times a week.

My mother is a dietrician and I still live at home so I very often ask her about food related stuff or tell her what ive discovered. In the beginning she was very excited but now our relationship is straining a little. She gets almost notably annoyed when I start about nutrition and weight loss (tho she tries to hide it) and she seems to be very apprehensive when I want to weigh myself more than once a week. Weve also had multiple discussions about how she thinks I'm thinking about it all too much and focussing on my macros too much. Tbh I do focus on that stuff a lot (maybe too much), but ive lived the past few years thinking that if I just do the bare minimum id be doing better than before and I just want to put in the work this time.

I do realize that as it's my only just my first month, I'm probably obsessing a little bit, but I'm sure it will cool down eventually. I also understand my mom is much more of an expert than me and has seen this sort of stuff go wrong (she used to have anorexia herself), so I understand where she's coming from. Im just a little sad that I can't be as excited as i would like to be around the person that I expected to be the most supportive in this.

In the end all is well and my Journey is progressing slowly but surely, and my mom and I are fine. But it did make me realize that losing weight can be quite a lonely Journey even if you thought it wouldn't be, thanks to you guys I can still get my fill of excitement and motivation so thank you so much :)

(tldr: weight loss is going fine, buy my obsession with it has caused some strain in my relationship with my dietrician mother)

submitted by /u/Willowedroot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kRxykN

No comments:

Post a Comment