Saturday, September 25, 2021

Self esteem boost

I started out my weight loss journey around 183 the beginning of August (I’m a 5’4” female). Got into a bet with someone I work with and I’m now down to 168 and still losing. I haven’t weighed this much since before I had my daughter in 2014 so it’s a pretty big deal to me. I had brought it up at work that I was at my pre pregnancy weight and the comment was said, “yeah 6 years later”. And that it was a participation trophy since it’s expected for moms to lose the weight rather quickly after having a baby. So that was a complete confidence killer.

Went out last night with my family and me and my daughter dressed up since she loves doing that. I wore a sort of form fitting red dress with black heels and she wore a floral blue dress with white heels. As we were being seated a waitress (not ours) was waiting for her table to be cleared off. She made the comment in our direction, “You look so cute!” I turned to my daughter and said, “Tell her thank you”. The waitress then said, “Oh I was talking to you ma’am, but she looks super cute too”.

Might not be much but it was the confidence booster that I needed!

submitted by /u/Competitive_Cupcake4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kEqgR2

No comments:

Post a Comment