Monday, September 27, 2021

Start of my journey

Hey everyone! I just found this community today and recently started my weight loss journey, I tend to be a shy person so this is totally out of my comfort zone but I think it'll be good for me to post here with others who are working toward similar goals.

I am 27F and have struggled with my weight all of my life. I have recently wanted to get to a healthy weight so I could just feel better. A friend of mine is a personal trainer and I am going to school for Engineering and Physics so he and I made a deal. He is training me and I am tutoring him in physics. My starting weight was taken on 9/13 and I was amazed at how much I've lost since then, my current weight was measured about 30 minutes ago.

SW: 279.6 lbs/~126 kg GW: 150 lbs/~68 kg

CW: 260.3 lbs/~118 kg

I know it seems like fast weight loss but I swear I'm not starving myself or anything like that. I just used to eat so badly that when I cut out all of my bad foods, it kicked things into over drive I guess. I literally had sugar withdrawals but I am so proud of myself for sticking with it, and I'm starting to feel healthier.

My typical day in meals: 1. Breakfast: usually an apple and a protein bar or 2 eggs and toast (not white bread, it's low carb bread) 2. Lunch: usually a veggie soup of sorts (my fav is split pea) or a salad 3. Snack: usually a protein shake with fruits like Bananas and Strawberries mixed in 4. Dinner: chicken breast, veggies (varies) and sometimes a little rice (only when I feel a little extra hungry)

I am addicted to soda (sugar in general but its also something about soda specifically, even caffeine and sugar free ones will satisfy the craving) so if I am craving it badly enough, instead of breaking the diet I just let myself have a diet coke. It helps because I don't really like diet coke but it's been helping me not cave on drinking non diet soda (it also is only once every week that I do this and I drink it with a meal). Other than that all I drink is water.

My work out routine is more weight training based than cardio, my trainer advised that it is better for women typically to lose weight this way than through pure cardio. I also do cardio days but it's not the main focus. I do a lot of squats, burpees, planks, etc.

I also have realized that part of this change needs to be hormonal so I am working on getting to my primary care physician to get blood work and tests to get a better picture of my health. Specifically looking for hormonal imbalances, this is something I never explored until recently and it seems it could fit the bill too.

Sorry for the long post, I am just excited to be starting this journey and to now have a community to share with! If you made it this far, thanks for reading and feel free to share your own story or some tips. Thanks 😊

submitted by /u/cosmic_kayy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CNLy55

No comments:

Post a Comment