Tuesday, September 28, 2021

The paper towel effect

At my highest weight, in one particular style of pants, I wore a size 18. It was a snug, but not overly tight fit at that weight.

It took about 30lbs of weight loss before I could wear size 16 in the same pants style of that brand. And 40lbs before the 18s would fall off.

16s to 14s was about 25lbs.

14s to 12s was about 20lbs

I didn't need to buy 10s or 8s, because it was summer and I wore skirts and shorts all the time.

Just before my goal weight, I was wearing size 6 in other pants bought at the thriftstore.

This week, I needed pants and the local thriftstore only had capris in size 6 and 4. So I went back to the pants that worked for so many years. My size 6 pants are kind of loose, so I ordered size 4 figuring I could return them.

Yeah, they fit perfectly.

And here's where the paper towel effect comes in. Remember how I had to lose over 30lbs to go from a size 18 to a size 16? It only took about 5lbs to go from 6 to 4.

When I started losing weight, I didn't even set any size goals because I didn't want the inevitable, I thought, failure.

It was so frustrating being told "don't worry about the scale, see how your clothes fit" when my clothes fit basically the same as my weight was going down steadily.

Anyway, if you're losing weight, but not seeing much of a size change, hang in there. Eventually you will start dropping sizes faster than seems possible now.

submitted by /u/re_nonsequiturs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WlVHq7

No comments:

Post a Comment