Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Made it...gotta hold now

SW 331, CW 220, TW 220, M 6'2, 42. So on December 5th I sat down on the couch and could feel my belly in my lap. I have been a big guy all of my life, but have been slowly increasing in weight, in college I was about 260. I decided I had to do something to change that trajectory. I used CICO, starting at about 1800 calories, working down to about 1500 by the end. Started walking 30 minutes a day. Lost about 12 lbs a month, upped the walk to 45 minutes, then 60, then 75 minutes. Held my diet, pretty much cut out alcohol and fried foods except for the occasional indulgence, although at this point the fried foods don't taste good. Added road biking to the mix in April and have clocked 2000 miles on it this summer. Been doing body weight workouts, push-ups, pull-ups etc, took me 2 months of negatives to do a pull up, now at 8 per set. At my wife's suggestion went to see a nutritionist to get a better fix on where I was at. She measured me, came back at 13.9% body fat, told me that was as low as I should go at 220. Still counting calories, currently eating at 1900 to 2100, plan to walk it up until I level out.

NSV. Off all BP and cholesterol meds, 3xl to xl shirts, 46 to 36 pants.

Lessons learned. Weight loss is all in the diet, exercise makes you healthier. Find some exercise you like and set goals, set one habit at a time. Eat lots of veggies, roasted veggies are awesome.

I plan to hold between 225 and 215, continuing to walk and bike and adding in some more weight training.

You can do it, I am not exceptional, I work an office job and live in the burbs...best advice I got from loose it was to not let a bad meal become a bad day , become a bad week. Forgive yourself and keep trying. And pick your hard, loosing weight is hard, but being overweight is too, pick your hard..

submitted by /u/CinZ42
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m0Votw

No comments:

Post a Comment