Friday, October 8, 2021

Continuing weight loss and surgery recovery

Hi. I'm 5'3"/160cm M, currently 144 lbs/65 kg and want to lose at least 5 lbs/2kg by the end of the year (putting me into the healthy bmi range for literally the first time I'd be able to remember). Next year I am planning to undergo surgery unrelated to weight loss.

I have never had surgery before and I was wondering if it's still ok to eat at a deficit while recovering from surgery as long as my diet is a lot of protein and vitamins/minerals that promote wound healing. My first goal weight is 135 lbs/61 kg but ideally I think around 120 lbs/54 kg is where I want to maintain long term. Is it okay to have a calorie deficit while I'm healing or is it better to maintain until the incisions and everything is healed? It's not like an organ transplant or anything and I should be able to do all my normal activities after 1-3 months depending on how my body heals.

submitted by /u/aro-sub-boy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oTdLn4

No comments:

Post a Comment