Thursday, October 7, 2021

Feel like my fitness apps are lying to me

I started my weight loss journey by just walking to get active. I found I really loved it as it allowed me to listen to podcasts, audiobooks, wander, etc., all while getting some movement in. Over time, however, it felt like I needed to increase effort. So I picked up bicycling and I love it too, just for different reasons.

But Strava consistently tells me I'm burning more calories walking the same amount of time I spend biking. And it completely throws me off. I feel like the effort I put in on the bike is exponentially more than just going for a walk. Does anyone else struggle with this? Is Strava/Google Fit correct in the walks being more effective in a calorie burn?

I'm not thinking of abandoning bicycling by any means. But a few weeks of focusing on walks to break this plateau and catch up on some audiobooks would def not irritate me.

submitted by /u/turtlewaxer99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iC9Xmo

No comments:

Post a Comment