Friday, October 8, 2021

I realized that I cannot go on like this

After my mother’s death last year, I was unable to cope with my feelings. Growing up, I have always been a stress-eater and had a difficult relationship with food, but her death last year and the whole pandemic combined made my whole situation even worse. I began to overconsume and literally binge eat almost every day. In a way, I tried to fill the void in me. I know this is not a healthy coping mechanism and I came to realize that, however I just couldn’t stop. Due to all the bingeing, I gained like 30 pounds :( I don’t feel comfortable in my own skin anymore and I just wanna hide but this is not the solution. Finally, after struggling a lot, I suddenly had a change of heart. I realized that what I was doing wouldn’t make my mother happy. I realized that I was slowly destroying myself and this shouldn’t be the case. So I am very glad to say that I have started my weight loss journey a few days ago. I began to eat more healthy and once a day (intermittent fasting). Plus, I started working out every day. I can already feel the positive effects it has on me. My mood is better and I feel more energized. I hope I will stick to it. Wish me luck on this journey, I really need it. Also, good luck to the other people who are also struggling. You are not alone!

submitted by /u/misssakuraangel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YESNh4

No comments:

Post a Comment