Monday, January 20, 2020

I set myself up for success in 2020

Please excuse any formatting issues, I am writing this on my phone.

I have always struggled with my eating, and my lack of activity. My weight effected how I felt in high school and most of my adult life. When I turned 29 I decided to make a drastic change to finally gain control over something I have never been in control of. I realised I needed to make a change when I tipped the scales at just over 300, and my god I was depressed, disgusted and discouraged because of my mindless eating and letting myself get to this point. I have always had ther persona as "that big guy" and came to grips with me never being small. "I'm big boned", "I have a large frame" are some things i would say to justify. And I'd try to diet, but I'd always give in to temptations and throw the diet out the window.

I think with any addiction, some people get that moment, that clarity in your head of what you are truly doing to yourself and your body. When I hit 300lb I felt that moment.

I started dieting down, I knew the mathematics of weight loss, it should be easy. But it's not the simple science that makes weight loss hard, it's the struggle with a poor association and relationship with food. This is something that I had trouble tackling but I stayed the course. I continued to work hard and maintain my caloric deficit for almost an entire year with only planned "treat" meals.

Near the end of the year I got into the gym. One of my regrets about my journey is I didnt start lifting earlier.

All of this hard work, all of the food anxiety, all of the working out and finding the true reason to lose weight (because it is the biggest act of self love you can do for yourself), I lost 85lbs. I still have issues with food, but I do make sure I eat enough and have the right macronutrients, I am just regimented in following my plan in MyFitnessPal.

The journey has taught me weight loss alone will not make you happy, but it brought me on my journey of self love and appreciation. Lifting weights and building my body has become an obsession and a thing I look forward to rather then dread. Getting started was the hardest part, but once I did, i found a new love in fitness and bodybuilding. I am so thankful to myself for taking those first steps, I feel like I have a new life, I am a new person with a new perspective. I am less depressed and show great control in other areas of my life.

I just wanted to share that, I'm really proud of what I accomplished and I still want to lose more and build more muscle.

So my start was 302.4lbs.

Today I weigh in at 216.4lbs.

Here is a before and after picture (286lb to 220lb): before and after

And to pre answer any questions, yes that is diagnosed gyno. After a few years at my goal weight I will do surgery to remove the breast tissue.

If your interest, a video explaining my journey: video

I hope everyone achieves their goals for 2020, just remember, getting started is the hardest part.

submitted by /u/hawss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G8Vr1O

No comments:

Post a Comment