Monday, January 20, 2020

My dad is going on the carnivore diet and I'm unsure how I feel about it, what's the deal with it?

My dad has been doing so well with his weight loss but lately i've noticed he's gotten extremely supportive of the Keto diet (which was fine), but now identifies as having adopted the carnivore diet and watches endless youtube videos on it. I've been on many diets myself in my early teens up until my mid twenties when I finally let go of the idea of "being on a diet" and just kept track of my bloodwork and ate a variety of foods. He has been on blood pressure medication in the past and has a pretty stressful work life.

I tell him about how its good not to get obsessive and hooked on one diet plan and that vegetables are a really important part of diet that should definitely not be cut out but he's adamant meat is the new "medicine" for humans. Maybe this post doesn't belong here but i'm just looking for a better understanding of the benefits (if any) and the risks associated with exclusively eating this diet.

I'm proud of him, but i want him to be safe.

submitted by /u/YYCchatterbox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NKYRMn

No comments:

Post a Comment