Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Obese to 5k (F23,SW:287 CW:229)

Hey r/loseit

To begin, I started my weight loss journey in October. I am currently down 58lbs since I started. One of my goals for 2020 is to participate in a 5k! The catch tho: I haven't ran since high school. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week (30 minutes elliptical(5 mph avg), 30 minutes fast walking & inclined on treadmill). I also just started using some of the lifting equipment.

The 5k that I want to do is the first week of May. I really just want to sign up & jump right in, but also I'm nervous that I'm not ready & won't be able to run the whole thing.

What might be the best way to prepare myself for this event? Do I have enough time to prepare? Am I still too overweight to participate?

Any advice is welcome & appreciated

submitted by /u/sharp06jects__
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RdSdR4

No comments:

Post a Comment