Tuesday, January 21, 2020

From steady loss to lots of plateaus / whooshes -- is this normal?

So I've been pretty committed to my weight loss since October, and I've lost a little over 40lbs since my starting weight (yay!).

I noticed, though, that at first the weight was in a pretty steady downward trajectory. It would reliably drop when I thought it would, and at the pace I expected based on my diet / exercise. On the flipside, it would spike when I thought it would (hello, holidays) and plateau when I felt I was maintaining. It was pretty clear cause / effect for a while there.

But lately I've noticed that I'm going through a lot more plateaus, followed by whooshes or sometimes increases. It's frustrating because there are weeks when I feel like I do everything better than right, and I either gain a few or stay steady. And then, confusingly after an indulgent cheat meal last weekend, I dropped two pounds. It's affecting me because it's harder for me to grasp and benefit from the mental link of behavioral changes and choices to weight loss. and those frustrating days are hard to get through when i still know the scale might go up tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Even if not, any advice?

submitted by /u/allblackeverythng
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NPweh9

No comments:

Post a Comment