Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Social media is holding us back

I am a 5'4 girl, on a "weight loss journey". I started from 180 pounds (81.5 kgs) and I am planning to go down to about 140 pounds. I managed to lose 3 pounds already, in a week and a half, by staying below 1500 calories and weightlifting. I've had weight problems all my life, ever since childhood, and looking back, I have always felt like I needed to lose weight, even when I was at a healthy BMI. But this is not the object of my rant. This time, I feel more prepared than ever to lose the weight for good. And even more than that, to be healthy. For myself and for all the people around me that love me. It took me days of strenuous self reflection to understand what made me so decisive this time. Nothing major happened in my life before I made this decision, be it good or bad. And today it hit me. I quit social media about a month ago. I shut down my Instagram, and only use my Facebook for school related stuff. It dawned on me! No more facetuned-picture-perfect-life people, no more pressure to be or look in a certain way, no more people telling you about the latest fad diet, or the best 4 minute workout that is supposed to burn off 293473829 calories, no more any of that. It is the most relieving thing ever. To just be able to focus on yourself, the loved ones, and the things that matter to you mostly. I just hope that all of you peeps will find your path in weight loss and whatever else in this life. I guess this is my rant for today.

submitted by /u/distress14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QW7q9j

No comments:

Post a Comment