Tuesday, January 14, 2020

VALIDATION! [NSV]

Morning all!

I was looking for the daily victories post but couldn't seem to find it so I'm making a standalone post. I hope that's okay.

I am a person who enjoys positive reinforcement and encouragement when working on a task. I give a ton of it too. If I have a colleague or a friend who is trying to get better at something or is just taking on some kind of challenge I love being their own personal cheerleader. I believe everyone needs someone in their corner.

I started CICO/keto back in November and since then have lost just over 10kg (23 pounds). I work out of town 95% of the time, usually on a remote site with the same people. I guess because I see these people every day, and a lot of them are men, I don't really have anyone "in my corner" regarding my weight loss, and I am far to awkward to talk about it with them. Plus my friend (who has recently become my boss - eek!) has been very unsupportive of my journey. I did post a rant about that the other day.

Well due to server weather, our site had to be shut down. I flew home and for the first time in a few months had to go in to the office, downtown, to complete my work. I was excited to see everyone since it had been a while and I got the best comment from our receptionist within my first 30 seconds of walking through the front door...

"Welcome back RemosefulArsonist, how is... Jeez are they not feeding you out there?"

I. was. BEAMING! I told her I quit drinking and started limiting my calorie and carb consumption. She told me I looked great. So yeah! That was the start of my day and it was really great to have someone FINALLY notice my progress.

submitted by /u/RemorsefulArsonist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35VLsHE

No comments:

Post a Comment