Sunday, January 12, 2020

Weight loss going unusually slow this time around

About 4 years ago I successfully lost 150 pounds (350 to 200) by following a diet that worked for me (which included eating under 2000 calories daily) and I worked out 5-7 times a week. It was surprisingly easy once I got into it.

Then a year ago I gained about half of that back (thanks depression!) and now I am on track to lose it again as of two months ago. I have already lost roughly 10 pounds, but this time it is going SO much slower than I remember. I was so used to losing 2 pounds or even more every week. Seeing the weight fly off was such a good feeling. But this time its so, so slow.

This last week I tracked every calorie. I never went over 2000. In seven days. And I didn't even lose a pound, I lost .5 of a pound. I'm at 272 pounds. To maintain 272 at my height you can eat over 3000 calories. So you would think that staying under 2000 would make the fat just melt off, right? Apparently not. And that's not factoring in that I worked out 6 of those 7 days either.

So what exactly could be going on here? Did my body do that thing where it adapts to the new, lower energy environment, which can lead to a plateau in progress? I've heard of this, but this never happened just 3 years ago when I lost so much weight. Back then I did this exact same amount of calories every day for 2 years and I never hit such a plateau, but now I'm hitting one only two months in?

Or is it that I'm also getting back into weight lifting, along with taking creatine and plenty of protein. So maybe I'm just putting on muscle again? I know early on you put on what are called "noob gains", which is lots of easy muscle. But again, this was not an issue last time I did this (in terms of the scale showing slow progress), so I'm at a loss.

P.S. Im even considering the scale is the issue. Its kind of old and has been through some rough times. Maybe the old girl needs to be retired. I guess it couldn't hurt to at least get a second opinion.

submitted by /u/Jax_77
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35PajNc

No comments:

Post a Comment