Thursday, February 13, 2020

A case for sushi...

There are a lot of mind games we can play with ourselves to make weight loss easier. One of the ones I like to use - eat sushi. Not just any roll off the menu, mind you, but here’s my go to order...

Miso soup, 2 vegetable based maki rolls, 4-6 pieces of nigiri (or 10-12 sashimi if that’s more your jam)

My order is regularly 600-680 calories; it fits easily into my eating habits and food preferences. There is a decent amount food volume in this order and I feel very satisfied after.

But here’s the BIG - I mean BIG - reason. I can reliably suggest it for a date or when my friends want to go to dinner. And,

  1. It doesn’t blow up my calories or use a cheat meal

  2. I can order straight from the menu normally without my diet or calories coming up (sometimes that topic of discussion sucks)

  3. Calories and menu are fairly consistent from sushi place to sushi place given the simplicity of the dishes - fish, rice, vegetables, seaweed. Whereas otherwise I often find small restaurants can be really hard to estimate

  4. At its core this is a classic “meal prep meal” but when I eat sushi and rock those chopsticks - I feel like a fancy bish getting to indulge and often thats enough to fill a mental (or cooking) break I’m looking for

So next time you’re thinking to yourself, “I really just want to go out (with or without other people) for a meal that won’t blow my diet” - maybe consider some sushi.

submitted by /u/fruitbythefoote99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31Xe5np

No comments:

Post a Comment