Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Am I (F, 22) not losing weight because of muscle gain?

I am currently trying to lose body fat, while also maintaining lean muscle mass. There is controversy regarding whether or not you can actually gain any muscle while in a caloric deficit, but it’s been said that having a high body fat percentage can contribute energy toward muscle growth despite being in a caloric deficit. That being said, I am a 5’6 female, 150 pounds, with 30% body fat. I am hoping to get down to about ~20% body fat. My TDEE is around 2,000. I am not currently in school this quarter so my days consist of going to the gym for about 2 hours where I walk at about 3.5 for 60 minutes and I lift weights for about an hour. I’m currently doing a push-pull-leg split. When I’m not at the gym I try to stay on my feet all day and not sit around. I end up with about 15,000 steps per day. So, with that in mind I calculated my TDEE to be about 2,000. If I want to lose 1 pound per week, I have to cut 500 cals per day which is exactly what I’ve done. So I’m eating 1,500 calories per day. I have meal prepped meticulously and tracked calories for the past two weeks and each week when I weigh in, my weight stays right at 150 pounds. I’ve been training extra hard the past two weeks and lifting heavy. Perhaps the reason I remain at 150 pounds is because I’m losing fat but also gaining muscle? However, I’m pretty sure you can’t gain muscle that fast....shouldn’t I eat least see a small weight loss on the scale? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I am hesitant to reduce my caloric intake based on how active I am, and I don’t want to plateau via metabolic adaptation too quickly into my weight loss journey.

TL;DR I have been consistently eating in a 500 calorie deficit per day from my TDEE so I should expect to be losing a pound per week. However my weight has remained exactly the same for two weeks straight. I have been meal prepping and tracking calories meticulously so I know I am not overeating. I am also training especially hard in the gym and lifting a lot so perhaps this is muscle gain? But I doubt I can muscle gain muscle that fast. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I losing fat and gaining muscle? Why is my weight staying the same?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/mcdeathdigga
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OtMWDh

No comments:

Post a Comment