Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Can I outrun my fork... just for today?

Hi all,

I normally eat 1200-1400 calories a day but it's not even 3pm where I live and I have already had 1700 (menstruation cravings are no joke). My TDEE if I am sedentary is 1750. Basically a deficit of -50. I had a goal of a deficit of 1000 a day until the end of February. This is just a temporary goal as it wouldn't be sustainable for me long-term.

I always read on this subreddit about not being able to outrun your fork. I understand, weight loss is 80% diet. However, just for this one particular day... is it possible for me increase my deficit significantly through exercise?

I am pretty full right now, I do intermittent fasting so going 18+ hours without food normally isn't an issue for me. I can easily go the rest of the day now without eating. I am normally very disciplined but today I lost control due to the sweet/salty cravings.

I just got ready for the gym and I am planning to do 30 minutes of strength training/lifting followed by 2 hours of cardio (cycling at moderate intensity). This is not too far out of the norm for me. I usually do 60 minutes of cardio when lifting but I am doubling it because of my intake today. I do 2 hours of cardio when I am resting from lifting.

The bad diet today got me feeling guilty! Back on track tomorrow but will the exercise help?

submitted by /u/NearbyThought6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2vkET50

No comments:

Post a Comment