Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Deeply confused about how many calories I should be eating (I've used allll the calculators)

Current Stats:
Female, 5'2", 157lbs. Goal weight of 130lbs. Diet is pretty clean, workout minimum 3x a week, cardio & weights.

Background info:
I started losing weight in September and have made some good progress. I was at 179lbs and am currently at 157lbs. I did this mostly through really cleaning up my diet, drinking only water, walking more instead of driving, and I took up running.

The Issue:
I'm a rather petite person at 5'2" and have been aiming to consume around 1200 calories a day, which I typically manage to achieve below that but do experience some pretty intense hunger sometimes. Nothing I can't overcome. That said, I've hit a plateau. I was stuck between 158 - 160 for a couple weeks before I finally broke through yesterday and hit 157lbs. I was researching ways to break plateaus, and came across some literature talking about how under-eating can stall progress. I got curious and started calculating BMR and TDEE. Depending on the calculator used, the numbers are all over the place, but my average BMR consistently comes out at approx. 1,400, my TDEE at approx. 2,000, and my recommended calorie intake for weight loss of 1lb/week at approx. 1,500. This would mean I'm regularly under-eating by a couple hundred calories. I would assume that the less calories consumed, the faster the weight loss. But is it possible that this is actually contributing to me not being able to lose weight? And if I am indeed under eating, is 1500 the correct amount I should be consuming?

submitted by /u/SamanthaFC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3beColg

No comments:

Post a Comment