Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Working out, reduced eating, gaining weight???

Hey everyone. I've been going to the gym regularly for about 4-6 months now. I go 2-3 times a week (rare weeks 0-1 times) and do 1.5-2.5 miles of moderate intensity cardio on the elliptical and then do upper/lower body weight lifting alternating each visit.

As far as eating goes I use MyFitnessPal and try to be pretty strict about it. Admittedly sometimes I don't get everything. But I have my goal set to 1400 cal and very rarely go over 1800. Gym days obviously I have more but still aside from once every couple of weeks I never eclipse 2000cal in a day.

Still, I'm gaining weight. I'm a 6'1 (currently) 231.2 lb male in my 20s. MyFitnessPal progress shows I was 233.2 at the end of December, went down to 229 mid January, dropped to like 226 overnight (water weight?) and slowly climbed back up to 231.

I know the inclination is to say "oh you're eating without measuring" or "you're underestimating your calories" but there's no way I'm missing 600+ calories a day. I have black coffee for breakfast and a veggie burger for lunch most days, like idk what's going on.

Is it just water weight? Am I somehow gaining muscle at a rate it's keeping up with weight loss? I feel like maybe I'm getting slimmer but I've been fat all my life so what do I know

submitted by /u/UgDugMcLugs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2vQPHrN

No comments:

Post a Comment