Tuesday, February 4, 2020

SV: It’s been a slow journey, but I’m less than 10 pounds away from my goal weight!! (First time poster)

I don’t brag to my friends or family often because I always feel like they don’t care or it makes them uncomfortable in their lifestyle to hear about me changing mine and getting results so I’m here to brag a bit.

It’s been a long time compared to others here, but in June 2019, I was 198 pounds. I was just on the border of obese by BMI terms, though I may not have looked it. After college graduation and going on a cruise (those constant buffets were definitely a treat), my mom and I started a bet where if I lose weight to 160 lbs. in three months, she would give me $200. That’s honestly what started my weight loss.

I started tracking my calories more seriously, I went to the small gym my apartment had more often (even if it was just for 10 minutes because that’s all I could fit), then I started a job at subway. I went from 198 lbs to 175 lbs in the span of 3 months. By then my mom had forgotten about the bet but I was learning to eat healthier and smaller portions from subway lol

I got a very well paying job offer that correlated with my college degree to start in October. This meant moving out all of my significant others and my belongings to go to the desert. We had a month buffer from when our old lease ended and the job started, so we went to live with his parents for a bit. They eat nothing but carbs and protein, and as tasty is the home cooking they do, it’s all comfort food and no veggies or fruit. I gained some back but still stayed below 180.

After moving out here on our own again, it’s been 4 months and I finally found what works for me to keep this sustainable. We freezer meal prep (raw ingredients in the freezer) once a month to cook into batches of daily meal prep for the fridge. We joined a gym initially for the water aerobics class, but tried out a cycling class and fell in love. I’ve started a routine trying to get a schedule I can follow down and it’s worked so much. Go to work from 7-4, eat dinner, cycle at 6 at least 3 times a week, and intermittent fasting 16:8.

At this point the pounds are very slowly coming off (they usually come back on around my period then shed off again even more). It’s been a process to find what works and I’m so glad I found that for now even if it may not be my routine forever. I still don’t have the healthiest relationship with food and I definitely feel like I have bouts of body dysmorphia when I look at myself (still see the 198 pound body), but it’s a process. I’ve lost almost 30 pounds damnit and I’m only 9.6 pounds away from my goal weight!!!

submitted by /u/juicy-_-juice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b7amrE

No comments:

Post a Comment