Saturday, February 1, 2020

Feeling confused about the "right way" (or ways) to lose weight after hearing some new information about modern weight loss science.

So, this subreddit consistently says CICO is all that matters. That's what I've thought my whole life with weight loss. I felt ready to do CICO, eating healthier but eating technically what I want as long as I'm maintaining that calorie deficiency.

Last night I watched a video about how CICO doesn't really work (https://youtu.be/C5eHOgWgDbE). It spoke a lot about modern nutritional science and how modern views on weight loss completely go against calorie deficiencies. For example you can eat 4000 calories a day and still drop weight if you're eating the right foods (Keto). It also suggests that CICO can be damaging to your metabolism.

I'm at the beginning of my weight loss journey and I'm just really confused now. I obviously want to do what's best for my body, but I've been looking into Keto and I genuinely don't know if I could do it (the fat intake is really hard for me) and I'd completely lose some foods I love to have occasionally.

But if CICO doesn't work like he and others claim, why are people losing and maintaining with it? I've been doing my own research but I just feel lost now.

So, does CICO work? Or is the real weight loss solution keto + intermittent fasting? Can I lose weight and be healthy choosing CICO + intermittent fasting or does it need to be keto? I'd love any advice! Especially for resources to look into further!

submitted by /u/MossyOakPursuit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2u1GXyB

No comments:

Post a Comment