Friday, February 7, 2020

Feeling hypocritical

I’m a weight loss/nutrition counselor. Every day, I’m encouraging people to transform their lives and nourish their bodies with nutrient-dense foods and achieve a realistic, healthy weight. Because I’m constantly talking about weight loss every day, I feel as though I’m a hypocrite or I’m letting people down. I grew up a fat kid and got into nutrition when I was in high school, losing around 50 pounds. I got my degree in nutrition when I was in college because food and health and helping people are all things that I’m passionate about. My weight has fluctuated since then, and a particularly hard relapse into depression caused it to skyrocket. I’m not “fat” in the obvious sense, since I’m tall and carry it better than most. But my boss frequently points out that I need to lose more weight if I want to be taken seriously as a weight loss coach. I get it. But it’s also very triggering. I’ve tied my worth into my weight for so long, and I feel so worthless right now. I want to be a good example for my clients, and at the same time, the pressure I feel to be a certain weight almost makes it harder to do it. I don’t know how to find the energy or the willpower to take care of myself.

TL;DR - a fat weight loss coach feeling super guilty and dejected on my own weight loss journey

submitted by /u/sloanevincent
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37aQpNi

No comments:

Post a Comment