Friday, February 7, 2020

How do you set a goal weight?

Hi ! I (28/F) have always been kinda chubby. My weight has always been something I am uncomfortable with and embarrassed about, but honestly I never really felt like I was extremely overweight, just overweight. I kinda punished myself for it by not doing anything about it, so I stayed around 165-168 pounds all through college and beyond. (I don’t remember my weight in high school, but I was chubby then, too.) My highest weight was 172 in July, (I’m 5’7). I got engaged in July, so I’ve been motivated to lose weight before I get married. I have lost about 25 pounds putting me at 145 yesterday morning. Throughout this journey so far, I’ve been giving myself pretty attainable goals. It started off at 155, then 150, then 145. I’m having a hard time finding a realistic goal. I’ve been chubby for so long, I don’t know what weight my body becomes “unchubby”. How do you know ? If I set a goal and don’t reach it because it’s not attainable, I’ll feel bad, but I’ve been setting “too easy” of goals, and I don’t necessarily feel good when I reach them. I still feel chubby! How is that possible ? I’ve lost 25 pounds... that’s a big deal! My clothes don’t fit anymore, and people tell me they’ve noticed, yet I don’t feel any different. I don’t even see it in the mirror when I look at myself, yet logically I KNOW I’m different. I wonder if it’s because I’m now thinking about it too much ? I feel like I honestly don’t know what I look like right now. Anyone have any advice ? This is my first weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/dizgirl4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39limUq

No comments:

Post a Comment