Friday, February 7, 2020

How do I determine a goal weight for longevity?

I'm 5 foot 10, male, 33yo, SW180 lbs CW173 lbs and out of shape. I've been finding the weight loss process (which for me, has been slow and steady wins the race) not that difficult over all (I did have to give up a few habits!)

Originally, I had arbitrarily picked 160lbs as a goal weight, because it seemed like I probably had at least 20lbs excess weight. I've now read a bit more and seen calculators like these (https://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=33&csex=m&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cheightmeter=180&printit=0&x=44&y=10) and decided to adjust my goal to 155 before beginning more serious exercise to shift some of that weight towards muscle.

I am wondering though, if anyone has done any research into optimizing weight for health and longevity. At my current weight (and body type), I'm sure I'm a risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, etc. I'd like to make a goal to be at a minimal risk for these things.

Has anyone looked into this? What did you find?

submitted by /u/Gullible-Moment
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S9GTWy

No comments:

Post a Comment