Friday, February 7, 2020

Finally under 200 pounds!!!

It has been a wild ride of figuring out what works for me. I’ve tried just about every regular diet, crash diet, fasting, etc.

It wasn’t until I experienced a pretty bad Candida outbreak that I really had to change my diet. No sugar, no dairy, gluten free. The first couple months went great and I lost about 30 pounds just from diet alone. I started to introduce water fasting and basically ended up starving myself for weeks at a time. Through this I developed a couple eating disorders that I’m still trying to work on: body dysmorphia and anorexia —anorexia isn’t just for skinny people— and I’m not saying that eating disorders are cool or what you should do, in fact they’re horrible and I would never wish an eating disorder on anyone, but I know that my ED’s contributed to my weight loss.

My scale that I had at home, an analog scale that I’ve always had, was telling me that I was around 200 and I was excited. It wasn’t until I went to the doctor back in November and saw that the scale said 236 that I realized my scale at home was broken and immediately bought another. It said 236 just like it did at the doctors and I was mortified.

This kicked me into full gear. Again, no dairy, no sugar, no gluten, and now I was monitoring my sodium intake as well. Cutting out these foods hasn’t been difficult, only because I know how to add immense amounts of flavor to my food without cranking up the nutritional facts. I don’t work out very often, I’ll occasionally go to the gym or go on a 2-5 mile run, but because I intermittent fast, walking is generally my go to exercise.

This morning, I woke up and weighed myself and I’m down to 199! I’ve lost 37 pounds since November 26th 2019, and a whopping 79 pounds from an original 278 in December 2017. I feel incredibly proud of myself. I still have 50 pounds to go but damn, it feels good to finally be under 200!!!

submitted by /u/noturavgtrippyhippie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UA8zpk

No comments:

Post a Comment