Friday, February 14, 2020

Getting past the "Plateau"

Hello r/loseit community!

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am currently a 6'1 Male and I weigh 200 pounds. I truly feel like I am doing all of the correct behaviors and I am completely stuck at my weight which is right around the "obese" mark on the BMI index for the last 2 years.

I currently do Crossfit 3-5 times a week (Depending on the intensity of each workout) since June of 2019. Based on MyFitnessPal I am eating around 1800 calories daily as well. My lunches are the same every day - Sweet Potatoes, Chicken and mixed vegetables. I usually skip breakfast because I am working on intermittent fasting. For dinner I keep my meals to whole grains and brown rice for my carbs, the protein is generally lean turkey meat or chicken and I always keep vegetables in every meal. My snacks lately have been clementines, pistachios and the Kirkland brand protein bars from Costco.

Before my workouts I will generally use a pre-workout and after I will drink a protein shake called Promasil and put 5 Grams of creatine in the shake. I know this can cause bloating but I can't imagine it would completely halt all weight loss progress.

I just feel kind of stuck? I think I am possibly not eating enough calories? I just could use some advice, I feel like it could be one of those "A-HA" moments in this situation where I am just missing one or two pieces of the puzzle.... I could also just be looking at the whole picture wrong as well. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

submitted by /u/FlyerMylz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2u2Hi3W

No comments:

Post a Comment