Sunday, February 2, 2020

Getting through first personal crisis without food as a crutch

I've been doing keto and IF since the end of September and have been doing really well. My weight loss has slowed down lately, but I knew it would eventually and I've been adjusting and I'm still losing, just a little more slowly.

I found out about a family crisis today that is going to impact me for a while to come. I've been sad and close to tears for much of the day and all I really want to do is to eat to numb my feelings. I've definitely eaten too much, and haven't logged what I'm eating, but I'm probably only slightly over my maintenance calories. I'm just having a really hard time dealing with the feelings without my usual drug of choice to dull the sadness.

I had some momentary temptation to use this as an excuse to chuck the diet, but I decided I didn't really want to do that. My emotions feel much more intense than usual though, and I know that's not uncommon for people who have a history of using food to deal with their emotions.

So talk to me, please, about how you dealt with your first crisis while trying to lose. How did you do it without turning to food?

submitted by /u/clickinggonewrong
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tmjEin

No comments:

Post a Comment