Sunday, February 2, 2020

I hate when people call me skinny... I am overweight!

This sounds ridiculous but I am wondering if anyone can relate.

I am a 5'2 female that went from 242lbs to 158lbs. I have made great progress and I am getting closer to my goal weight of 125.

People have been very nice about my weight loss but what drives me crazy is I now have people telling me how 'skinny' I am. I am not skinny... at all. I always cringe at when they make this statement, like I know they are trying to be complimentary but why lie?

I think a lot of people use the 'old me' as a reference point to what skinny is, I understand it but I wish they would stop. I am a LOT smaller of course but I have ways to go.

I tell them my BMI classifies me as overweight and they say things like "those things aren't even accurate!". Again, some truth to that but I'm not exactly a body builder with a shit ton of muscle. Someone said to me last week "if you lose anymore weigh you will be a lollipop head!". Ummm, I wear a UK size 14 lol (US 10). Not exactly emaciated.

Funny thing is... most of these people are thinner than me! I really do think it comes down to them comparing the old me to the new me but I wish they wouldn't.

Rant over lol

submitted by /u/eugh1994
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36LJeuN

No comments:

Post a Comment