Sunday, February 2, 2020

Is my (29F) brother (10M) too young too exercise with me?

Hey reddit, 29 F here! I am a year into my weight loss journey and almost 40lbs down, mostly through diet but also with some light running. I have a younger brother who is 10, almost 11 who I adore, we will call him Buddy (he’s my buddy ❤️)

I’ve always had a special relationship with Buddy. We are close and he looks up to me, emulating my behavior. In his younger years we bonded over video games. Many hours playing Skyrim and Breath of the Wild together. He’s a bit of a gamer now, which is great.

Buddy is not super overweight, but kind of “normal chubby.” I was like this at his age, and it spiraled. I’ve been wanting to share my new love of running with him, in hopes that it would imprint on him positively. Tonight I told him how I go on runs a few times a week. He got really excited about it. We decided to do a mile run together around the sidewalk loop at his apartments.

This was a really good experience together. He listened to his music and I listened to mine. I could tell he was getting tuckered out, so I stopped halfway through for a water break. He was determined to finish the mile after our rest, so we did. Afterwards, he asked if we can do this again soon.

He wanted to download the running app I use (Nike run club.) But I ended up lying about his age because the app requires you to be 18+ I believe. This gave me some doubts about the situation.

Wondering- since Buddy is quite young, is it okay to run with him like this? He was super enthusiastic and went fast. He got the “crazy spits,” was pushed physically if you know what I mean. I wonder if I’m doing the right thing.

Reddit, is this heathy? Or should I back off the exercise until he is older?

TLDR: Took my 10 year old brother on a mile run tonight. Not sure if it’s too soon to expose him to cardio or not.

❤️

submitted by /u/heartfullxo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Sbmorn

No comments:

Post a Comment