Friday, February 7, 2020

Only seem to lose weight when I [F24] eat close to nothing, and then put the weight back on again

I was overweight as a kid but at 16 lost a significant amount of weight and was 53kg. When I lost this weight, it was because I lived on chicken, salad and lentil soup for a 3 months during summer holidays and did intensive cardio for an hour 5 days a week.

Following that I gained a bit back and reached 57kg but was pretty much okay with my body (and not overweight). I was my heaviest at university when I hit 60kg which is quite a lot for my height (I'm 5 ft1). Following this, I went through some tough times because of exam stress and starting a new job and lost 8kg in around 2/3 months because I was hardly eating. I had no appetite and couldn't even finish a sandwich. During this time, I didnt work out so the weight loss was purely because of my lack of apetite.

At my lowest weight (52kg) I met my boyfriend and I started eating properly again because of him. Of course, we went on a lot of dates and that eating turned into eating out a lot and drinking every week. I'm now back to 58kg.

I've struggled over the last year with losing weight because I get really agitated and distracted by my hunger at work. When I count calories, it takes over my life and I become preoccupied with food and my eating so much that I end up binge-eating out of guilt.

My boyfriend recommended that I focus on working out instead. I've started a new programme with him that focuses on building muscle and conditioning. I work out for 45 minutes 5 times a week. We've been eating out less too and instead meet up for coffees rather than meals out. I feel like I'm in better control so I have been eating less than before.

Its been 3 weeks and I havent noticed any change in my body or weight whatsover. When I feel like this, I feel like binge eating and giving up.

Any words of encouragement or advice?

TLDR; I am stuck in a cycle of losing weight when I'm not eating much, and then gaining it back. For the last 3 weeks, I've started focusing on working out and improving my diet a little but have not seen any progress. Any words or encouragement or advice?

submitted by /u/xxlilly1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uiPgWU

No comments:

Post a Comment