Monday, February 10, 2020

Question... how to be the most supportive partner possible?

My wife has been on a weight loss kick (completely of her own initiative), and up until recently has been pretty successful. She was never extremely overweight, just wanted to lose 15ish lbs. to get ready for a vacation we are taking together at the end of March. She's been doing the usual... counting calories, extra exercise, etc. She has been losing weight steadily until a few days ago. We celebrated our anniversary last week with a nice meal and some wine, and went out with friends on Saturday night. I could already tell based on some comments she made that she was nervous about stepping on the scale this morning. Sure enough, I woke up to the sound of tears. Evidently all her progress has been erased in just the past week.

I found it very easy to be positive and encouraging while she was making forward progress, but this morning kind of left me at a loss for words. I told her she was beautiful, and that I loved her (which I tell her all the time!)... but didn't really know what to say or do other than that. Is there anything I should be saying or doing? I want to encourage her and help her achieve her goal, but I don't want to put any pressure on her or put my foot in my mouth and say something dumb.

Any tips/advice? Thank you!

submitted by /u/DavidAg02
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H7zBMR

No comments:

Post a Comment